Date:13 September 2017
Nail polish remover can be a useful multi-purpose product. Just be careful: acetone-based nail polish remover can be corrosive. Here are some pro tips and uses for nail polish remover.
1. For spot treatment in a minor mishap – like touch-up paint that has dripped on a door hinge – acetone nail polish remover can help. Use it to dampen a rag, then hold the rag briefly against the splotch before rubbing it clean.
2. It’s great for removing permanent marker. Just soak a cotton ball and rub it on the stained area in circular motions. Be careful what you attack with your soaked cotton ball.
3. Acetone-based nail polish remover is good for removing marks and buffing out patent shoes.
4. Is your superglue top clogged with dried glue? Just rub it with a polish remover-soaked cotton ball.
5. It can even remove stickers. Just soak the label in acetone-based remover and peel off. The remover loosens the glue between the label and the glass. (See 4 above.)
Have more suggestions of things you can do with remover? Let us know in the comments section below!