Here’s a quick quiz that’ll help establish if your video will go viral. Simply add up the points after each answer and use the key below to find your score.
This article is part of our VIDEO series, proudly brought to you in association with Canon.
1. Do you have a YouTube channel?
2. One with more than 10 million subscribers?
3. What about a Reddit ID?
4. Are you Casey Neistat?
No, but I do have the same Ray-Bans (1)
5. Which of the following does your videoinclude?
Sneezing babies (1)
Sneezing animals (2)
Earnest speeches (−5)
Slow-mo shots (15)
A wedding (−5)
Casey Neistat (25)
Heartfelt admissions of
love or wrongdoing (−10)
Daredevils with no
fear of heights (75)
Hundreds of prison-
ers willing to dance
in unison (100)
James Corden (150)
6. Is there a surprise ending?
7. A celebrity appearance?
8. Is it Bieber? Please say it’s Bieber.
No, but it’s Adele (75)
9. Are you a
10. One who has a hard time determining when the camera is off?
11. Do you have
12. Are you opposed to exploiting them?
13. Have they just come out of a medical procedure?
14. Are they still a little sedated?
15. Have you lost or gained a great deal of weight and taken a picture of yourself every day as you did so?
16. Can you beatbox?
17. Take a second to watch your video. Did you laugh?
18. Has anyone involved in the making of your video proudly said, “This is gonna go viral”?
Um, of course they did. We all did. It can’t miss. (−500)
5 or fewer points:
Your video will not go viral.
6 to 50:
You could always get lucky and strike a chord with people on Reddit.
More than 51:
Make sure you negotiate with Google before signing anything.