Volvo is making green moves. According to Autoblog, the automobile manufacturer wants all of its vehicles to be made from 25% recycled materials. The plan will be rolled out in its vehicles that are made in 2025 and onward.
The green initiative starts with the XC60 T8 hybrid SUV, as its model demo seats are made from recycled plastic bottles. Carpets and mats have been made from fishing nets harvested from the ocean. Luggage compartments are made from plastic tomato sauce and shampoo bottles.
View this post on Instagram
Features of the Volvo XC60 T8 Hybrid SUV:
- New high-performance Polestar Engineered variant
- T8 hybrid model gets a small increase in EV range
- The 12.3-inch digital dash display is now standard
- Part of the second XC60 generation introduced for 2018
- Elegant interior and exterior styling
- Spacious second- and third-row seating for a midsize SUV
- Many standard safety technology features
- Plug-in range allows for short EV-only trips
According to Autoblog, the car retails between $53,950 – $69,500 (R802,047.68 – R1,033,221.75)
Image: @mojelektromobil/ Instagram