Dantley Davis, Twitter’s VP of design and research, has got users excited after he tweeted out a list of features he would look forward to see implemented on the platform next year.
The list included:
- Remove me from this conversation
- Don’t allow RT of this tweet
- Don’t allow people to @mention me without my permission
- Remove this @mention from this conversation
- Tweet this only to: hashtag, interest, or these friends
Dantley made it clear that this wasn’t a list of confirmed ideas but rather just what could possibly be introduced. He then asked his followers what they would like to see Twitter add to their platform.
“I believe giving more control to users will help create a healthier Twitter and reduce abuse. Additionally, these features need to be easy to access and use,” he said in the thread.
Among the hundreds of user’s suggestions were the much asked for “edit” option, chronological timelines and better clampdown on abusive content.