Uber Cash is a payment solution designed to encourage contactless transactions across all platforms. Users of the popular apps (Uber and Uber Eats) can create an account that will act like a virtual wallet.
This account can be preloaded with money and used to make payments on Uber Eats or Uber.
According to MyBroadband Director of Uber in Sub-Saharan Africa, Alon Lits said: “Uber Cash is another way to create a seamless experience for all our users. This new option introduces a method of payment that is easily controllable, convenient and reliable.”
“Uber Cash limits potential cash deficits should either the driver, courier, or user not have enough or exact change, as, like a debit transaction, the exact amount will be taken,” said Uber.
The account can be replenished through the Ride account and then can be used for both platforms. Uber has said that this assist users in managing their budget.
Money can be added to the account through a number of ways, including EFT, debit card, credit card or “barter for payment of use,” according to MyBroadband.
The money will never expire and will carry over.
To use Uber Cash, complete the following:
- Open your Uber app
- Go to Payments in your app menu to add funds to your Uber Cash balance
- Select the amount you want to top up and your preferred payment method
- Before requesting a ride or placing an order, change your payment method to Uber Cash
- Choose a destination or add items to the basket
- Request a ride or place an order via Uber Eats