Spotify is bringing a new offering to its platform, Spotify HiFi.
This is expected to be a high-quality audio experience not seen on the platform before.
“Premium subscribers in select markets will be able to upgrade their sound quality to Spotify HiFi and listen to their favourite songs the way artists intended,” the music streaming service said in its announcement.
The company listed five things that subscribers need to know about this new quality:
- High-quality music streaming is consistently one of the most requested new features by our users.
- Spotify HiFi will deliver music in CD-quality, lossless audio format to your device and Spotify Connect-enabled speakers, which means fans will be able to experience more depth and clarity while enjoying their favourite tracks.
- Ubiquity is at the core of everything we do at Spotify, and we’re working with some of the world’s biggest speaker manufacturers to make Spotify HiFi accessible to as many fans as possible through Spotify Connect.
- HiFi will be coupled with Spotify’s seamless user experience, building on our commitment to make sure users can listen to the music they love in the way they want to enjoy it.
- Spotify HiFi will begin rolling out in select markets later this year, and we will have more details to share soon.
Billy Eilish was tasked with explaining what the new offering is all about.
Although they mentioned “select countries” they did not say exactly which would be the first. If past trends are anything to go by though, it’s likely South Africa won’t be one of the first.