The YouTube NextUp programme is coming to Nigeria and South Africa, and this means an opportunity for local creators to get their content, not only seen, but taken to the next level.
20 creators with eligible channels will be selected to win a production stipend of $1000 or R14 538 to acquire production equipment for YouTube career advancement, as IOL confers.
Bonus: chosen content creators will also have the opportunity to attend a Creator Camp. This is a week-long initiative set to allow the budding creators the opportunity to learn new skills and attain support from the YouTube partnership teams.
What you need:
- Fresh and compelling content is key.
- Between 10 000-100 000 subscribers.
- At least three pieces of original and native video content uploaded in the past three months.
- Channel accounts need to be compliant with the YouTube community guidelines, and have no strikes.
*Participation in other YouTube masterclasses is another basis for acceptance.
“We believe that the next generation of successful creators are already honing their YouTube skills,” expresses Addy Awofisayo, the Head of YouTube Content Partnership in Sub-Saharan Africa.
“We are excited that the program will help take creators to the next level… enabling them to develop whole new genres and online experiences for audiences around the world,” she adds.
How to apply:
Submit an entry form along with the video you are most proud of and best represents your technical production skills, creativity and storytelling abilities.
Additionally, pick an essay question to answer in 200 words or less as per The South African:
- Why did you enter the Contest and what makes your Channel stand out?
- How do you plan to take your Channel to the next level over the next year?
- What areas of improvement will you work on if selected as a Winner to participate in the Creator Camp?
- What are your plans for the next two years? (this is another question according to IOL).
Judging will involve these factors alongside a general evaluation of the channel.