The search for PM’s Mr Mo 2012 is under way. Grow a moustache throughout November to have some fun and to help raise awareness for men’s health – more specifically, prostate and other cancers that affect men.
On 30 November
* Take a portrait photo of yourself, showing off your ‘stache.
* “Like” Popular Mechanics SA on Facebook and download the Mr Mo 2012 competition app (you’ll find it at the top of our Page).
* Upload your photo to our Facebook Page via the competition app before midnight.
1 – 9 December
Voting for your best mo (that is, the most provocative, most luxuriant or most bizarre) begins. You’ll have until midnight on 9 December to vote. There will be spot prizes to say thanks for voting.
The three winners will be announced. Two of the winners will be chosen by PM’s editors (winner and runner-up) and one will be chosen by the public (“People’s Choice”).
The winner – PM’s Mr Mo 2012 – will get a Remington R5150 Titanium Rotary Shaver worth R900 and a Fujifilm Finepix AX300 camera worth R899.
The People’s Choice winner will get a Fujifilm Finepix AX300 camera worth R899.
The runner-up will get a pair of Voyager 8×22 DCF binoculars worth R130.
- Although Facebook is used as (among other things) a platform for PM competitions, PM does not use any Facebook mechanisms to draw or to contact the winner(s). We use external apps instead. The way it works is that entrants need to “like” us to gain access to a particular competition (to comment on someone’s profile/page, you’d first need to be friends with them or “like” the page – it’s the same thing with the competitions). Entrants then opt in to the competition by allowing a competition app to be installed.
- Entrants and voters have to “Like” Popular Mechanics SA’s Facebook Page and have to download the “Mr Mo 2012” competition app in order to submit their photos and vote.
- Images uploaded to the “Wall” will not be accepted.
- Entrants will have until midnight on 30 November to upload their pictures.
- Voting for the best mo begins on 1 December and runs until midnight on 9 December.
- The three winners will be announced on 10 December. Two of the winners will be chosen by PM’s editors (winner and runner-up) and one will be chosen by the public (the “People’s Choice Award”).
- PM’s editors will take the number of votes into account when choosing Mr Mo 2012 and the runner-up, but the votes will not be the deciding factor.
- The entrant with the most votes will win the People’s Choice Award.
- Mr Mo 2012 and the “People’s Choice” winner can’t be one and the same person.
- Popular Mechanics reserves the right to use the images entered into the competition in its print edition, Web site, Mobi site and on PM’s social media platforms for no payment.
- Entry is open to anyone except employees (and their immediate families) of RamsayMedia, the competition sponsor and associated agencies.
- Only one entry per person.
- The prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- Prizes not claimed within 3 months will be forfeited.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Regrettably, only South African residents are eligible for prizes.